If you haven’t heard, I’m all signed up to go to Vegas for Bloggers in Sin City this May. If you don’t know what Bloggers in Sin City (BiSC) is, basically, 60 bloggers, 4 days, awesome sponsors (like Paper’d – so excited for this app), fountain jumps, glitter and sparkles, buffets, parties, pool, booze guitars, turning your bloggy friends into your real life friends and having an unforgettable time. If that doesn’t tell you how awesome it’s going to be, check out the video and agenda. Plus, this event is so awesome they are running a contest to give one lucky BiSCuit their registration fee back! Hi, sign me up and also thanks Paper’d (for reals you guys, I’ve been anxiously awaiting this app for months).
Since I haven’t been to Vegas in over a year (and I’ve been dreaming of BiSC for 3 years), I’m beyond excited and after spending several hours reading up on all of the attendees (eight spots left as I write this aka REGISTER!) I’m fucking ecstatic, y’all. I have decided to spend the next 5 months reading blogs, tweeting at all the awesome bloggers and generally avoiding all productive activities. Basically what I’m saying is: ALL THE EXCITEMENT! Please be May NOW!
Thinking about this spectacular trip also reminds me of the three times I previously headed to Sin City for fun. As a result, I thought I should share with all my new best BiSC friends and anyone else, the amazing, ridiculous, gross and outrageous things that have happened to me in Vegas. BiSCuits, this is the bar that we’re aiming for and I have no doubt that we will blow so far past it that Vegas without BiSC will be much paler in comparison.
What Happens (to me) in Vegas:
- went when I wasn’t yet 21 and got thrown off the casino floor within 3 minutes of arriving
- shared two rooms with more than 40 coworkers from the student paper
- slept under a desk (for safety – turned out to be smart)
- snuck around multiple hotels stealth-drinking beer
- rear ended someone in traffic after being ordered to kill a spider by my screaming passengers on the way there
- had a stranger tickle my sweaty armpit in a club (THE ACTUAL WORST)
- wore my first pair of heels and then promptly was forced to run across cobblestones outside of the Venetian in them
- complained that my feet had actual holes in them
- slept in my dress with sweatpants on and my legs halfway under a bed
- got a speeding ticket on my way there
- stayed in a suite for a bachelorette party where there was a TV that came. out. of. the. desk.
- requested the huge whirlpool bathtub as my bed
- wore the most painful shoes of my life and later became that girl walking through the hotel lobby barefoot
- went to Chippendales, which had a high level of unintentional hilarity
- wore a whistle around my neck and attempted to yell “Last chance fellas!” every hour on the hour, while pointing at the bride-to-be
- ventured into the lazy river at MGM and somehow came out without any diseases
- nearly missed our flight there
BiSCuits, your challenge has been laid out. Let’s do this shizz.